7. AFFORDABLE CLEAN ENERGY
8. WORK + ECONOMIC GROWTH
13. CLIMATE ACTION
Located in South Sulawesi, the Sidrap Wind Farm project consists of 30 wind turbines with a total installed capacity of 75 MW. The project produces 253,000 MWh of renewable energy per year to the South Sulawesi national grid – enough to power over 70,000 local homes!
The project is Indonesia’s first utility-scale wind farm and has been developed by PT UPC Sidrap Bayu Energi. The project has been in commercial operation since 01 March 2018.
Project impacts and benefits:
- This project reduces Indonesia’s dependence on fossil fuels for power generation, providing clean electricity to a nation in need of power
- Provides local employment opportunities (35 new jobs) and promotes equal pay for work of equal value
- Reduces air pollution by replacing coal and other fossil fuel-fired power plants with clean, renewable power
- Raises awareness and provides capacity for climate change mitigation, adaptation and impact reduction
- Promotes Indonesia as a country committed to minimizing greenhouse gas emission through renewable energy development